We have just completed lecture #13 in my Columbia University virology course, which means that we are now at the halfway mark. In the first eleven lectures we covered basic aspects of viral replication in cell culture, including virus entry into cells, genome replication, and assembly. The remainder of the course is concerned with viral infection of a host, and will cover topics such as pathogenesis, immunity, immunization, antivirals, and evolution.
All the virology lectures are available as videocasts (slides and audio) either at the course website, or at iTunes University. Below is a list of lectures that I have given so far in the course, with links to the videocast (.mp4 or .wmv files). To download the videocast, right click the link and save the file to your hard drive.
- Lecture 1 – What is a virus? (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 2 – The infectious cycle (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 3 – Genomes and genetics (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 4 – Structure of viruses (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 5 – Attachment & entry (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 6 – RNA-directed RNA synthesis (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 7 – Genome replication of DNA viruses (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 8 – Transcription and RNA processing (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 9 – Reverse transcription and integration (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 10 – Translation (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 11 – Assembly (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 12 – Infection basics (.mp4 .wmv)
- Lecture 13 – Host defense (.mp4 .wmv)
2 thoughts on “Virology course online at the midway point”
the mp4 of lesson 14 links to Lesson 13!
I WUD LIKE TO GO FOR A COURSE, ALREADY SENT MAIL TO CONCERN HUB BUT NO RESPONSE CAN I REQUEST PLZ SOME BODY SHARE IF THERE IS POSSIBILITY OF ON LINE CERTIFICATE COURSE IN VIROLOGY.
Comments are closed.