Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, and Rich Condit
On episode #118 of the podcast This Week in Virology, Vincent, Alan, and Rich answer listener questions about vaccinia virus, fungal viruses, synthetic viruses, influenza vaccine, HeLa cells, multiplicity of infection, and much more.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #118 (68 MB .mp3, 94 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiV (free) in iTunes , at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed, or by email, or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
- Distribution of glycoproteins on virion surface (paper 1, paper 2) – thanks, Conor!
- Susceptibility of cancer cell lines to tanapox (thanks, Cheryl!)
- Poxvirus family tree
- Sugar, the bitter truth (YouTube) – thanks, Mary!
- BBC podcast: Artificial life (thanks, Sam!)
- Arthritis and influenza at CDC
- Multiplicity of infection at virology blog
- Virus-like particle vaccines (thanks, Sheldon!)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 118
Weekly Science Picks
Alan – What you need to know about infectious disease
Rich – Bad Project (YouTube)
Vincent – Federal research center will help develop medicines
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.