Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, and Rich Condit
On episode #93 of the podcast This Week in Virology, Vincent, Alan, and Rich answer listener questions about lab procedures, prokaryotes, endogenous retroviruses, the iPad and teaching, prions, mimivirus, splitting water with viruses, and the polio outbreak in Tajikistan.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #93 (76 MB .mp3, 105 minutes)
Subscribe to TWiV (free) in iTunes , at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed, or by email, or listen on your mobile device with Stitcher Radio.
Links for this episode:
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- SIGA responds to BARDA request for smallpox antiviral
- BARDA contract for filovirus vaccine
- What is a Ph.D? (pdf)
- HHMI resources for early career scientists
- Pace article on abandoning prokaryote (Nature)
- Three domains of life (Forterre article)
- Mechanoenzymatic cleavage of Von Willebrand’s factor (Science)
- Splitting water with viruses
- WHO coverage on Tajikstan polio outbreak
- Wild type polio infection in immunized Indian children (JID)
- Letters read on TWiV 93
Weekly Science Picks
Alan – Southern Fried Science
Rich – Tree of Life web project
Vincent – Dickson Despommier at Big Think
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.
1 thought on “TWiV 93: Our infectious inbox”
More on AutismOne: http://autism-news-beat.com/archives/1030
Comments are closed.