Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dick Despommier, Alan Dove, and Cliff Mintz
On episode #56 of the podcast ‘This Week in Virology”, Vincent, Dick, Alan, and Cliff answer questions from listeners on swine influenza origins, transmission, virulence, and vaccines, HIV and AIDS, and more.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #56 (57 MB .mp3, 82 minutes)
Subscribe to TWiV in iTunes, by the RSS feed, or by email
Links for this episode:
- Physicists propose ‘SchrÃ¶dinger’s Virus‘ experiment (thanks Duncan)
- Nanoparticle adjuvant (ScienceDaily and Journal of Controlled Release – thanks Jim)
- Hand washing won’t stop H1N1 at Newsweek (thanks Jim)
- Newsweek’s virus quiz
- TWiV timeline (download .m4v file – thanks Ricardo)
- Sanjay Gupta’s H1N1 experience (thanks Lenn)
- Swine flu vaccine fear mongering at eSkeptic (thanks Jesper)
- Flu transmission and humidity (letter from Joe)
Weekly Science Picks
Dick 27″ iMac and Powers of Ten by Philip Morrison and Phyllis Morrison
Cliff ePatient Connections 2009
Vincent Cell size and scale
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also send articles that you would like us to discuss to delicious and tagging them with to:twivpodcast.
1 thought on “TWiV 56: Perspicuously perspicacious”
nice theme. but it takes a while to load
Comments are closed.