Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, and Rich Condit
Vincent, Alan, and Rich discuss growth in culture of newly identified rhinovirus C, vaccinia transmission among wrestlers and martial artists, and results of phase III clinical trial of boceprevir, a new inhibitor of hepatitis C virus replication.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #130 (45 MB .mp3, 93 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiV (free) in iTunes , at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed, by email, or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
- Growth of newly identified rhinovirus C (Nature Medicine)
- Global distribution of rhinovirus C (EID)
- Vaccinia transmission among wrestlers (EID)
- Vaccine transmission in a martial arts gym (EID)
- Boceprevir for untreated HCV infection (NEJM)
- Boceprevir for previously treated HCV infection (NEJM)
- HCV antiviral pipeline
- The good viruses (Nat Rev Micro)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 130
Weekly Science Picks
Rich – Rock-paper-scissors vs computer (thanks, Megan!)
Alan – WebCite
Vincent – Edward Jenner Museum (EID)
Listener Pick of the Week
Derek Tolly – A Paralyzing Fear: The Story of Polio in America (IMDb)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.