Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Saul Silverstein
On episode #108 of the podcast This Week in Virology, Vincent, Alan, Rich, and Saul review the evolution of HIV-1 specific recombinases, and down-regulation of a host microRNA by a viral noncoding RNA.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #108 (64 MB .mp3, 89 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiV (free) in iTunes , at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed, or by email, or listen on your mobile device with Stitcher Radio.
Links for this episode:
- HIV-1 proviral excision with an evolved recombinase
- Evolution of HIV-1 specific recombinases – review article
- Down-regulation of a host miRNA by a viral noncoding RNA
- Paring miRNAs through pairing – commentary
- GM mosquitoes wipe out dengue
- Virology faculty position, University of Maryland
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 108
Weekly Science Picks
Rich – Where cinema and biology meet
Alan – Qiagen iApp
Vincent – Ask a biologist
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.