Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, Dickson Despommier, and Hamish Young
On episode #101 of the podcast This Week in Virology, Vincent, Alan, Rich, Dickson, and Hamish review the three-dimensional structure of adenovirus, and the role of adenovirus type 36 in obesity.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #101 (55 MB .mp3, 76 minutes)
Subscribe to TWiV (free) in iTunes , at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed, or by email, or listen on your mobile device with Stitcher Radio.
Links for this episode:
- Three-dimensional structure of adenovirus solved by x-ray crystallography and Cryo-EM
- Movies of adenovirus
- Commentary on adenovirus structure
- Adenovirus picture book
- Adenovirus type 36 and obesity in children and adolescents
- Press release on adenovirus 36 and obesity
- How much TWiV do you want? Take the survey
- Pre-order The Vertical Farm by Dickson Despommier
- Letters read on TWiV 101
Weekly Science Picks
Alan – National Geographic’s Best Environmental Photographs of 2010
Rich – Richard Feynman lecture: The pleasure of finding things out
Vincent – Summary of the First International XMRV Workshop (pdf)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.