Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
On episode 14 of the podcast This Week in Parasitism, Vincent and Dickson consider the life cycle and pathogenesis of the protozoan parasite Leishmania.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download
TWiP is brought to you by the American Society for Microbiology at Microbeworld.org.
Links for this episode:
- L. braziliensis life cycle (jpg)
- L. donovani life cycle (jpg)
- L. tropica life cycle (jpg)
- L. major lesion (jpg)
- Transgenic mosquito delivers Leishmania vaccine (thanks, Geoffrey)
- Plasmodium falciparum accompanied human expansion out of Africa (thanks, Prasad)
- Who speaks for the guinea worm? (thanks, Michael)
- Letters read on TWiP 14
Download TWiP #14 (61 MB .mp3, 85 minutes)
Subscribe to TWiP (free) in iTunes, at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed or by email
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com