Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, and Rich Condit
Vincent, Dickson, and Rich discuss multipotent progenitor bone marrow cells as a reservoir of HIV-1, integration of HHV-6 into telomeres, and dispersal of West Nile virus across the US by mosquitoes.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc. Use the promotion code VINCENT to receive $50 off a Drobo or $100 off a Drobo S.
Win a free Drobo S! Contest rules here.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #73 (63 MB .mp3, 87 minutes)
Subscribe to TWiV (free) in iTunes , at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed, or by email.
Links for this episode:
- HIV-1 infects multipotent progenitor cells
- HHV-6 genome integrates into telomeres
- A role for mosquito-mediated dispersal of West Nile virus across the US
- Using tobacco mosaic virus to produce synthetic photovoltaic cells (thanks Nissin!)
- Animation of HIV replication cycle (thanks Ilya!)
- Can computer viruses evolve? (thanks Norman!)
- Mumps outbreak in Israel (one and two) (thanks Ariel!)
- Bocavirus infections in children (thanks Tyler!)
Weekly Science Picks
Dickson Whole-Genome Sequencing in a Patient with Charcot€“Marie€“Tooth Neuropathy (NEJM and NY Times)
Rich Invisible Frontiers: The Race to Synthesize a Human Gene by Stephen Hall
Vincent Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections – videocasts
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.